Wikipedia Racial Injustice in Chicago Courts

Search results

Tuesday, September 8, 2020



AN APPEAL TO PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP EVERY DEMOCRAT THAT WHICH HELP AND VINDICATION WAS SOUGHT CLOSED THEIR EYES AND THIS FELL ON DEAF EARS.

UNLAWFUL1.BLOGSPOT.COM THIS BLOG WAS CREATED TO BRING ATTENTION TO THE INJUSTICES PERPETRATED BY ILLINOIS COURTS WITH DEMOCRATS BEING THE VERY AUTHORS OF CORRUPTION HAVING SEIZED THE COURTS IN TERRORISTS FASHION WHERE JUDICIAL VERDICTS ARE OBTAINED VIA POLITICAL FAVORS OR POLITICAL ASSOCIATIONS NOT IN ACCORDANCE TO THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.

1.    “No one is above the Law”, citing a 1928 decision by Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438 (1928),

“We must subject government officials to the same rules of conduct that we expect of the citizen. The very existence of the government is imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. As Brandeis puts it, "if the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. To declare that in the administration of the criminal law the end justifies the means—to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a private criminal—would bring terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine this court should resolutely set its face."         

2.    That Pursuant to The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals held that the Circuit Court   of Cook County is a criminal enterprise. U.S. v. Murphy, 768 F.2d 1518,     1531 (7th Cir. 1985)”.
The United States Supreme Court recently acknowledged the judicial corruption in Cook County, when it stated that Judge "Maloney was one of many dishonest judges exposed and convicted through 'Operation Greylord', a labyrinthine federal investigation of judicial corruption in Chicago". Bracey v. Gramley, case No. 96-6133 (June 9, 1997).

THE DEMOCRATIC JUDGES IN ILLINOIS DO NOT HONOR OR ABIDE BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION OR LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT BECAUSE AN ALLEGATION WAS LODGED AGAINST VARIOUS DEMOCRATIC JUDGES ENGAGING IN CORRUPT ACTIVITIES IN THE COURTS SAID LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED UNLAWFULLY.

HONORABLE PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP YOUR JURISDICTIONAL AUTHORITY IS BEING REQUESTED SO AS TO INVOKE YOUR AUTHORITY IN THIS MATTER VINDICATING UNITED STATES CITIZENS FROM THE MAYHEM, CORRUPTION AND VIOLENCE PERPETRATED BY DOMESTIC TERRORISTS WHO HAVE INFILTRATED THE LEGAL SYSTEM TO CONTINUE UNLAWFUL CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES AND HAVE THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT TO INVESTIGATE HOW SAID LAW LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED WHILE MANY DEMOCRATS KEPT THEIR MOUTHS SHUT, TRYING TO PROTECT ALL PARTIES COMPLICIT IN SAID "TREASON OFFENSES"

THANK YOU 







  • 1
    ’LANRE O. A
    MU
    
    B.C.E., M.S.C.E., P.E., M.B.A., J.D.
    Engineering, Business, Law & Media
    B.C.E. (UMN,'84), M.S.C.E. (UMN, '86), M.B.A. (UIC,'89), J.D.('95)
    Email: lanreamu@gmail.com
    June 9, 2020
    An Open Letter to President Donald J. Trump, Federal, State, County, City,
    and Local Government Officials, and Leaders of Thought in the United States.
    The Honorable Donald J. Trump
    President, the United States of America
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500
    and TO ALL IT MAY, SHOULD, AND MUST CONCERN
    In re: An Outcry for Justice for Attorney ’Lanre O. Amu, the “George Floyd”
    of the Legal Profession in America
    Dear Mr. President and All it May Concern:
    1. Thank God for your stewardship, leadership, and keeping faith with God’s
    Commandments. It is my prayer that God uphold you daily and give you the
    Moral Courage to be able to take a bold stand and say no to injustice
    throughout your administration. Sir, that is your key to good success.
    2. I hereby bring to your attention a sad, rather disturbing, but true professional
    assassination or murder of yet another George Floyd, a.k.a. Attorney ’Lanre
    O. Amu, this time on paper, at the hands of a different set of law enforcers in
  • 2
    the United States of America, i.e., the Justices of the Illinois Supreme Court
    and the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission
    (IARDC).
    3. My name is ’Lanre O. Amu, I am a lawyer and an engineer by profession.
    My law license was suspended, my human rights were violated, and my 16+
    years of legal practice and means of livelihood was destroyed because, I
    filed written complaints that exposed judicial corruption in the State of
    Illinois. I have been an innocent prisoner of Court corruption and cover-up
    since August 6, 2013. It has been 7 years, and I am still being held hostage
    by the same Illinois Supreme Court and the IARDC, and I will continue to
    be held hostage by them unless a superior authority to those holding me
    hostage intervenes on my behalf to justly secure release from their
    stranglehold. This is my outcry that you please order an independent
    investigation into my tribulation. What is happening to me should not be
    happening in America in the year 2020, certainly not under your watch as
    the President of the United States of America, the bastion of Human Rights,
    Justice, and Freedom.
    4. I cry out to you for justice in my case because all recourse to get justice
    through the Courts have failed. Since 2012, my case worked its way through
    the Courts up to the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS), but my
    case was not heard on the merits by the nine Justices of the SCOTUS.
    Without your intervention, there is no end in sight in this hostage taking saga
    and impasse.
    5. As to my background Sir: I was born in Lagos, Nigeria in 1961. I came to
    the United States in 1982. I was not a trouble maker. As a college student in
    Minneapolis in the early 80s, I got along well with everyone. In fact, I
    graduated at the very top of my Engineering class from the Institute of
    Technology, at the University of Minnesota, in Minneapolis in 1984, a major
    feat for a Black man, given the fact that the Engineering class demographics
    during my college days in Minneapolis was more than 90% White and less
    than 2% Black. I got along with everyone without the type of issues I am
    now embroiled with. I do not drink alcohol. I do not smoke. I do not do
    drugs. I write these, so my potential critics could normalize for these in
    dissecting me so we can focus strictly on the real issue.
    6.
    I am popularly called “the Peoples’ lawyer”, “the Law”, or “the Attorney on
    your Side”, particularly in the African community in Chicago. I was
  • 3
    professionally assassinated by the Illinois Supreme Court and the IARDC
    because I took a stand as an advocate on behalf of, and in the Best Interest of
    the Peoples of Illinois, the American peoples!
    7. Also, I have not been convicted of any crime anywhere in my life. Prior to
    my trial at the hands of the IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Court, I had
    never been disciplined as a professional lawyer, or as a professional
    engineer. I successfully practiced as a licensed professional in both of these
    two professions for over 23 years in Illinois without any issue. I had an
    unblemished record of good behavior Sir.
    8. My troubles with the IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Court started after I
    wrote a complaint that documented judicial corruption in the Circuit Court
    of Cook County in my case, naively thinking I was faithfully discharging my
    duties as a lawyer to Society and to the State of Illinois. I did not know that
    the instruments of state power had been hijacked by unfaithful officials of
    the State of Illinois. Instead of being commended for acting in the Best
    Interest of the Peoples of Illinois in my uprightness in upholding the
    integrity of the system for Administration of Justice with my written
    complaint documenting untoward conduct of a judge, to my shock and utter
    disbelief, the table was turned on me by entrusted government law enforcers
    with the duty and responsibility to act on my complaint. I was framed and
    charged with filing a false complaint against a judge, tried without evidence,
    convicted, my law license was swiftly suspended for 3 years (from 2013 to
    2016), and my 16 year legal practice was swiftly destroyed. This scam is the
    first part of my professional murder narrative. I did not realize that the worst
    is yet to come from my oppressors.
    9. The IARDC, the agency that regulates lawyers in Illinois turned the table on
    me, framed me, and charged me with making false statements against the
    integrity of the judges I honestly and faithfully filed written complaints
    against. I confidently pled not guilty to IARDC’s charges against me. I told
    IARDC the charges you are bringing against me are not true. They are false.
    I demanded to know who made these complaint against me to no avail. My
    trial commenced. The trial took place over a couple of days in a Courtroom
    setting inside the Chicago office of the IARDC. The 3 judges that tried me
    were appointed by the same IARDC prosecuting me. My prosecutor
    was a
    senior staff attorney at the IARDC. I soon found out at my trial that there
    was no complainant. In my defense, I subpoenaed the judges whose integrity
    IARDC accused me of making false statements against to come to the trial
    Court, testify to my face, tell me and/or show to the judges which of the
  • 4
    written statements in my complaints is false, because I stand my ground that
    I did not make any false statements in my complaints against anyone. None
    of these judges showed up to testify at my trial to any false statement being
    made by me against the integrity of any of them, even though it is standard
    practice that judges do come in to testify in these IARDC trials if they think
    they are not exposed. A judge who knows that his or her misconduct can be
    exposed at the IARDC trial will refuse to show up at the trial to avoid self-
    incrimination. Such a judge will rather take the fifth and completely stay far
    away from the trial. At my trial, I also subpoenaed eye witnesses to the
    incidents I wrote complaints about to further independently affirm the truth
    of my complaints, but the Illinois Supreme Court in its “wisdom” and over
    my strenuous objections quashed all of my subpoenas - a clear violation of
    my right to defend myself against serious false charges. At my trial, IARDC
    did not present any evidence that any of my written statements against any
    judge is false. IARDC in fact did not present any witness at my trial. I left
    the trial relieved that I had been totally and completely vindicated at the
    trial. It is axiomatic in law that unless somebody testified to, or you have
    evidence of, a wrongdoing against a person, you cannot find that person
    guilty of a wrongdoing he pleads not guilty to. That is what we learnt in law
    school in America. That is what I have practiced for 16 years as a lawyer in
    America. This is not rocket science. The Justices of the Illinois Supreme
    Court and us lawyers went to the same law schools in America, learnt the
    same legal principles, and acquired legal experience from the practice of law
    in America. A lawyer become a judge in Illinois because he or she is
    appointed or runs for judicial office not because he or she has superior legal
    knowledge than a comparable lawyer who is not a judge in Illinois. The 3
    judges IARDC handpicked to try me are not morally, ethically, and/or
    legally my superior by any measure. They certainly are not better educated
    than me. They were simply handpicked by the IARDC for the task at hand.
    Alas, some six months after my trial, I opened my mail to receive the
    IARDC trial decision that states that I was guilty of making false statement
    concerning the integrity of the judges, and that my law license should be
    immediately suspended for 3 years and until further order of th
    e Court. I
    almost collapsed when I read this. How on earth can a government
    institution find a person guilty of charges he denies without a complainant,
    without a witness, without an iota of evidence? That is the brazenness of the
    scam perpetrated by perverted imposters who have hijacked the instrument
    of state power in Illinois. If a Court can convict a person without evidence as
  • 5
    the IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Court did to me, it means the same
    Court can find a rationale, however ridiculous a rationale, to set a criminal
    free in face of all of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
    10. Dear Mr. President, in furtherance of the scam perpetrated against me, here
    is the “ostensible” (whitewash) reason the Illinois Supreme Court gave and
    brazenly put on their website for the punishment they swiftly handed down
    to me for breaking the code of silence, and acting in the Best Interest of the
    Peoples of Illinois, in exposing judicial corruption:
    https://www.iardc.org/lawyersearch_Expand.asp
    Mr. Amu, who was licensed in Illinois in 1996, was suspended
    for three years (from August 6, 2013) and until further order
    of the Court. Amu made false statements about the integrity of
    several judges before whom he was representing different
    clients in litigation.
    . . . Please Note that . . . Nowhere on the Illinois Supreme
    Court’s website is it disclosed that there is no iota of evidence
    on record at the trial to support their website claims of false
    statements.
    11. After my 3 year suspension (2013 to 2016, thereabout), I approached the
    IARDC for a return of my law license. Again, to my shock and utter
    disbelieve, IARDC again demands that I admit that I engaged in misconduct
    leading to the suspension of my law license in 2013, including, that I
    apologize for making false statements concerning the integrity of judges;
    that I show that I have been rehabilitated; that I show that I have learnt my
    lesson; and commit that I will not do such again. I hope you notice the
    implied code of silence and the gagging being reinstated again after the 3
    year suspension has been served. How can this be legal? Where is the
    authority for this, if not abuse of power?
    12. But the truth of the matter is that I did not engage in misconduct, and no
    misconduct has been established against me in any lawful trial. If there is
    any misconduct, it is obstruction of justice and other official misconduct by
    the Justices of the Illinois Supreme Court and the IARDC. I did not make
    any false statements; and it is wrong to again ask me to apologize for
  • 6
    misconduct I did not engage in in return for my law license which should not
    have been suspended to begin with.
    13. Whatever I wrote in my complaint that led to my suspension from the
    practice of law was true when I wrote the complaint, it is still true today, and
    will still be true tomorrow. The evidence of the Truth that will exonerate me
    is buried by the IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Court but they are
    powerless to destroy that evidence. Truth crushed to earth can rise again!
    Through an independent investigation, the evidence of my innocence that is
    currently buried can be exhumed from where it is buried to establish the
    truth of my complaint and exonerate me just as DNA evidence years later
    can exonerate a person wrongly convicted and imprisoned for a crime s/he
    did not commit.
    14. If I have to lie as they demand of me to get back my law license, then
    the law license is worthless to me. I will never agree to that.
    15. Dear Mr. President, it is noteworthy to emphasize that contrary to the
    whitewash and lies posted about me on the IARDC and/or the Illinois
    Supreme Court website, in the infamous trial I was subjected to by them:
    1) Nobody testified at the trial that I made any false statement;
    2) No human being testified at the trial to any wrongdoing by me;
    3) There was no complainant at my trial;
    4) None of the judges they claimed I made false statement
    concerning their integrity honored my trial Subpoena or showed up
    at trial to show me what statement in my complaint is false;
    5) To my knowledge, no judge has ever told me or stated that I made
    false statement concerning his or her integrity;
    6) Fundamental safeguards against false conviction and the
    protection of my human rights were brazenly violated by IARDC at
    my trial, including but not limited to: violation of the Rule of Law,
    violation of Fair Hearing, violation of the Right to Subpoena
    witnesses, violation of Due Process, violation of the presumption of
    innocence until proven guilty, etc.;
    7) I was professionally hanged simply because I had the audacity to
    break the ranks and write complaint that exposed verifiable,
    confirmed, and undeniable Judicial Corruption in the State of
    Illinois! A perfect crime was committed against me and cleverly
    buried under the color of judicial authority in Illinois in 2013. This
    is my outcry for Justice that what has been buried be now exhumed
  • 7
    so that I can be exonerated and set free from the professional death
    sentence my hijackers have imposed upon me!
    16. Dear Mr. President, in March 2014, long after I had been suspended by the
    Illinois Supreme Court in 2013 in their scam for “ostensibly” making false
    statements of material fact concerning the integrity of judges, the Crain’s
    Chicago Business magazine’s investigative reporters unknown to me,
    independently investigated the same judge and her brother’s law firm
    concerning the same “corruption” subject matter. Apparently unknown even
    to the unsuspecting Crain’s Chicago Business magazine’s investigative
    reporters who were simply routinely doing their journalism job, they
    implicitly in DNA type accuracy upended the decision of the Illinois
    Supreme Court in my case and exposed the scam perpetrated against me.
    Low and behold, the Crain’s Chicago Business magazine’s investigative
    reporters independently investigated and confirmed in toto the corruption my
    much earlier complaint against the same judge and her brother’s law firm
    had exposed which the Illinois Supreme Court quickly buried as a lie and
    handed me a 3 year suspension.
    1
    Attorney Suspended for Exposing Judicial Corruption!:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOq1gLUzNZg
    It’s a family affair: Lawyer represents Palos hospital while sister sits
    on its board of directors
    Judge Lynn Egan sits on Palos hospital board while brother
    represents it in circuit court
    https://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20140301/ISSUE01/303019979/ju
    dge-lynn-egan-sits-on-palos-hospital-board-while-brother-represents-it-in-
    circuit-court
    Judge resigns from board of hospital that hired her brother’s law
    firm
    
    1
    Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine is a reliable and respected source of news,
    analysis and information on business in metropolitan Chicago for decision-makers
    in the private and public sectors. The magazine provides deeper analysis,
    commentary, special reports and features, all with the aim of deepening readers'
    understanding of local business and business environment.
  • 8
    https://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20140404/NEWS03/140409816/co
    ok-county-circuit-judge-lynn-egan-resigns-from-palos-community-hospital-
    st-george-corp-boards
    17. Having arrived at the same conclusion independently, Crain’s Chicago
    Business magazine’s investigative reporters and myself cannot both be
    wrong. This turn of events confirms that the Illinois Supreme Court’s
    finding and decision that I made false statement against the integrity of
    the judge has been upended by the independent investigation of a
    disinterested entity (Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine) and shown to be
    untenable, and that attendant suspension of my law license for 3 years and
    until further order of the Court is fundamentally unjust, unfair, and
    cannot stand consistent with the Oath of Judicial Office they took to
    respect the laws and the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Confronted with this reality, the IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Court
    play the ostrich and defiantly persist in holding me hostage. That is why it
    is only fair and just that superior power now intervene on my behalf in this
    impasse.
    18. It is an open secret that a lawyer that dares to exposes judicial corruption in
    Illinois risks being suspended, blackmailed, disbarred, and professionally
    assassinated by those who have hijacked the instrument of state power in
    Illinois.
    19. As far as I know, nobody fired the Crain’s Chicago Business’ investigative
    reporters for doing their job as journalists in publishing a report that exposes
    Corruption in the Circuit Court of Cook County. Why was I professionally
    assassinated for doing my job as a lawyer in writing a complaint that
    exposes the very same Corruption in the Circuit Court of Cook County? My
    complaint years prior exposed the exact same corruption that the Crain’s
    Chicago Business’ investigative reporters exposed several years after me in
    2014. Do lawyers have less freedom to write about what they see happening
    in their domain and in the Courts than others? How is this fair? Why the
    professional assassination by law enforcers because a lawyer “broke the
    ranks” of what they subjectively expect of a lawyer to their chagrin, and
    exposed government corruption to the lay public’s understanding?
    20. Ironically, as these judges do, the former Chief Justice of Illinois vigorously
    campaigned on Fairness, Maintaining the Highest Ethical Standards,
    Equity, Justice, Common Sense, Protecting the Constitution, and
  • 9
    “Immense Integrity” – virtually every virtue the Justice and his fellow
    Justices violated in my case so as to cover-up the misdeed of their fellow
    judges that I filed corruption revealing complaints about in a closing of the
    ranks. A classic example of pure lip service at election time to get the votes.
    They forget that you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. The
    Justices of the Illinois Supreme Court were more concerned with covering
    up the misdeeds of their fellow judges and making a scapegoat of a lawyer
    that breaks the code of silence than in faithfully discharging their sworn
    duties to the US Constitution and to the peoples they pledge to serve. In
    hindsight, it seems clear that the former Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme
    Court touted those virtues for show to secure the votes of the people of
    Illinois to get on the Illinois Supreme Court, but had no intention of
    upholding those virtues on every case that came before him. Certainly not in
    my case. Is this not a political con game to secure the peoples’ vote and then
    fail to deliver on the promises and expectations? Is this how to work for
    peace and progress in society? How can this be in the Best Interest of the
    Peoples of Illinois and the peoples of the United States of America? Dear
    Mr. President, these are some of the hard questions an independent
    investigator in my case should be confronting these justices with. These
    peoples’ actions erode public trust in government.
    Karmeier for Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court, “Immense Integrity”
    https://youtu.be/DtMHuzjD3rQ
    21. The current Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court perhaps may not
    have been paying attention or was distracted by the impending criminal
    indictment of her husband for extortion, fraud and/or public corruption. But
    that offers no consolation to an innocent attorney whose professional life
    was snuffed out in a scam.
    22. In line with Black on Black crime in America, the only African American
    Justice on the Illinois Supreme Court at the time went along with the
    professional assassination of an innocent Black African immigrant attorney
    apparently reasoning as some of them do that the Human Rights and Civil
    Rights guarantees in the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the laws of
    America do not apply with equal force to newly arrived African immigrants
    like me in America. This is one of the clearest evidence yet of hypocrisy
    underlying the lofty egalitarian speeches, and posturing by some so called
    “Black leaders” that nobody to my knowledge has challenged. Consistency
  • 10
    and integrity demand that All Lives Created by God Matter in America for
    peace to reign. You cannot have peace without justice and fairness.
    23. Mr. President, this is what is going on in Illinois the Land of Lincoln. I am
    sure that you will agree that it’s enough to make President Abraham Lincoln
    turn in his grave.
    24. Dear Mr. President, the 16+ years that I advocated for hundreds of the likes
    of “George Floyd” in the Courtrooms of America before I was
    unceremoniously professionally assassinated has taught me an important
    lesson about what can bring peace and progress in America that I want to
    share with you. Sir, the only thing that can bring lasting peace in America
    are these: Justice, Equal Rights, and Fairness to every person created by God
    in America at all times in all situations! All Lives Must Matter.
    25. The rage, violence, burning and looting going on is a symptom of an
    underlying problem of Justice and Fairness that is unresolved. Resolve the
    underlying problems and all the undesirable symptoms will disappear. If
    there is no peace on the streets of America, we need to look among other
    places closely at one of the most important bedrock institutions for the
    dispensation of “Justice and Fairness in American society, which is the
    Courts. Take a look at the tens of thousands of the various Courts all over
    America where decisions affecting millions of peoples are being made by
    tens of thousands of judges in black robes on a daily basis. We need to look
    whether there is justice in the Courtrooms of America. Look whether all of
    the judges are faithful to their sworn duties and are being held accountable
    because whatever is taking place in the Courtrooms of America, justice or
    injustice, will ultimately spill out and be reflected on the streets of America.
    For instance: corruption; fraud and abuse of the elderly and the infirm; asset
    stripping of the elderly and the infirm under Court supervised guardianship
    proceedings; protests; riots; shootings; arsons; lootings; crimes generally;
    drug use and trafficking; police brutality; juvenile neglect and delinquencies;
    divorce and broken homes; family breakdown; insecurity; violence; racism;
    jungle justice; general lawlessness; etc., are more often symptoms of an
    underlying disease than the real societal disease. Brute force cannot
    permanently end the discontent that sparks a riot. Rather the d
    iscontent must
    be address at the roots with justice and fairness to all concerned.
    26. Dear Mr. President, I am sure you will agree with me that no human being
    should be treated like I was treated in America the bastion of Democracy,
    Freedom, Rule of Law, and Human Rights.
  • 11
    27. Mr. President, the Administrator of the IARDC did not abide by the Oath of
    Office that demands that he faithfully discharge the duties of his office,
    including maintain a high standard of professional conduct in every case,
    including my case. Please hold him accountable.
    28. Dear Mr. President, it is also apparent that the Justices of the Illinois
    Supreme Court did not abide by the Oath of Judicial Office they took in my
    case. Please hold them accountable. A Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    essentially solemnly swears under Oath before God and Man to the
    following:
    To administer Justice without respect to persons, and do equal
    right to the poor and the rich. To faithfully and impartially
    discharge and perform all of the duties incumbent upon the
    Justice under the Constitution and laws of the United States of
    America and of the State of Illinois. So Help him/her God.
    29. The good news is that the evidence of my professional assassination or
    murder by the IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Courts which are currently
    buried cannot be erased. Three things cannot long be hidden: the Sun, the
    Moon, and the Truth. We also know that Truth crushed to earth can rise
    again with an independent, honest and transparent investigation into my
    case. Dear Mr. President, please order such an investigation.
    30. George Floyd and Attorney ’Lanre O. Amu’s stories are literally two sides
    of the same coin of the tale of savagery, murder, professional murder,
    and injustice at the hands of law enforcement agents that should not define
    the values America holds dear: Freedom, Human Rights, Fairness, and
    Justice. I pray for the repose of the soul of George Floyd on whose shoulders
    I stand in making my case to you Mr. President. May George Floyd’s Soul
    Rest in Peace, Amen. It is my prayer that George Floyd’s family get justice
    in his murder.
    CONCLUSION
    31. The Soul-Searching Questions That Keeps Ringing in My Head Include:
    32. How can government law enforcers, the Justices of the Illinois Supreme
    Court, in America treat an innocent Black lawyer, or any human being, like I
    was treated and get away with it in the year 2020? This is 150 years after
    another man of African descent named Dred Scott was similarly
    dehumanized in the Courts of America. This is 150 years after President
  • 12
    Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation. This is almost 60 years
    after the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    33. All of the narrative now being offered in hindsight to try to excuse or
    dampen the savageness of what happened to George Floyd does not exist to
    distract the racism and xenophobia issue in my case but George Floyd and I
    met with the same end in America: savagery, physical murder and
    professional murder. In contrast with all of the lame excuses and
    unwarranted distractions that George Floyd was uneducated; had criminal
    record; had used drugs, etc., I am a highly educated Black man; I am law
    abiding; I was self-employed as a lawyer contributing positively to
    American society; I have no rap sheet in over 34 years of studying, living,
    and working in America as a Black man; I have no criminal record; I am not
    violent; I do not drink alcohol; I do not smoke; I do not do drugs, and still
    yet, in the bottom line analysis: George Floyd and I met with murder and
    professional murder at the hands of US government agents under the (guise)
    color of law enforcement in America. This is pure racism and evil being
    unleashed to tell both of us that “Our lives do not matter in America!” My
    life Must Matter Mr. President. George Floyd’s life Must Matter Mr.
    President, and I count on you to proclaim that fact from the roof top to the
    entire World and confirm that truly America is the Bastion of Democracy,
    Freedom, Fairness, Justice, and Human Rights for All!
    34. Dear Mr. President, you and every person in position of authority over the
    IARDC and the Illinois Supreme Court, that has the duty, responsibility,
    and/or power to act or know of those who should the power to act on hearing
    or reading about my harrowing story should and must act or forward my
    case to the person(s) or authorities with the power to act to resolve this
    impasse. Might does not make right. It is not Morally, Ethically, and/or
    Legally right to ignore this outcry for justice in my case. This is my plea.
    35. Mr. President, I am demanding the unconditional return of my Illinois Law
    License, an apology for all of the wrongs done to me, and I am asking to be
    made whole for all of the injuries they have inflicted on me.
    36. Thank you very much for your time and consideration of this matter. God
    Bless you and God Bless the United States of America.
    37. In God I Trust.
  • 13
    Respectfully,
    ’Lanre O. Amu
    CERTIFICATION
    I affirm under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of Illinois, that the
    foregoing information including my statements are true and correct to be best of
    my knowledge and belief.
    Lanre O. Amu Date
    cc:
    TO WHOM IT MAY, SHOULD, AND MUST CONCERN, including but not
    limited to:
    Michael R. Pence, Vice President of the United States of America
    Michael R. Pompeo, Secretary of State, United States Department of State
    Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives
    William Barr, US Attorney General
    Christopher A. Wray, Director, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
    Tammy Duckworth, Illinois Senator
    Dick Durbin, Illinois Senator
    Illinois US Representative Jan Schakowsky
    Illinois US Representative Danny K. Davis
    Andrew M. Cuomo, Governor, State of New York
    Bill de Blasio, Mayor, City of New York
    J. B. Pritzker, Governor, State of Illinois
    Anne M. Burke, Chief Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    Thomas L. Kilbride, Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    Rita B. Garman, Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    Lloyd A. Karmeier, Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    Mary Jane Theis, Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    'Lanre O. Amu
    'Lanre O. Amu
    June 9, 2020
  • 14
    P. Scott Neville, Jr., Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    Michael J. Burke, Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court
    Lori Lightfoot, Mayor, City of Chicago
    Kwame Raoul, Illinois Attorney General
    Kim Foxx, Cook County State’s Attorney
    Jerrod L. Williams, President, Cook County Bar Association
    Don Harmon, President Illinois Senate
    Kimberly A. Lightford, Illinois Senate
    Michael Joseph Madigan, Speaker Illinois House
    Andre Thapedi, Illinois House
    Judge Diane Shelley, Illinois Judges Association
    Dean Alfreda Robinson, President National Bar Association
    Judge Leonard Murray, Treasurer National Bar Association
    Janet Lord, Board Chair, Amnesty International USA
    Anthony D. Romero, Executive Director, ACLU
    Innocence Project
    Judy Perry Martinez, President American Bar Association
    David B. Sosin, President Illinois State Bar Association
    Jerrod L. Williams, President Cook County Bar Association
    Jesse H. Ruiz, President Chicago Bar Association
    Dr. Richard Cordero
    Robert More
    Jerome Larkin, Administrator, IARDC
    James J. Grogan, Deputy Administrator and Chief Counsel IARDC
    Kenneth G. Jablonski, Clerk IARDC
    Al Krawczyk, Senior Counsel IARDC
    Joseph Omoremi
    Bolaji Fadd
    Judge Jean Baptiste, Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County
    Judge Timothy Evans, Chief Judge, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
    Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, Chief Judge, United States District Court, Northern District
    of Illinois.
    Sharon Johnson Coleman, Judge, United States District Court, Northern District of
    Illinois.
    Darby Dickerson, Dean, the John Marshall Law School
    President of the Alumni Association, the John Marshall Law School
    President of the Alumni Association, University of Illinois
    President of the Alumni Association, University of Minnesota
  • 15
    Professor Micheal P. Seng, the John Marshall Law School
    Black Lives Matter Chicago, Illinois
    Joanne Denison
    Ken Ditkowsky
    Beverly Cooper
    ACLU, Illinois
    Mr. Muse Salami
    Dr. Tunde Okunuga
    Dr. Samuel Olomoniyi
    Attorney Akin Akintimehin
    Mr. Ahmed Jirreh
    Crain’s Chicago Business
    Peter Ondeng

No comments:

Post a Comment